Skiing Wisconsin, Inc. is an association of ski areas and ski industry businesses across the state. Currently there are over 30 ski areas in Wisconsin covering almost every demographic and geographic region in the state.
Skiing Wisconsin, Inc. along with its predecessor, Wisconsin Ski Industries Association, Inc. began operations in the mid 1970’s with a five-fold mission:
- To work with Wisconsin legislators while developing legislation beneficial to the sport of skiing in Wisconsin to maintain a healthy ski industry in the state.
- To act as a venue for ski areas to work together for the benefit of all promoting a healthy ski industry. Skiing Wisconsin, Inc. does not compete with ski areas but rather is an advocate for every ski area.
- To promote skiing close to home highlighting the many ski areas across the state. Click here to view all Wisconsin Ski Areas.
- Promote safety and risk awareness for ski area operations. Click here to view our safety code.
- Promote customer service awareness for ski area personnel.
The impact that skiing has on tourism is significant especially with the ski areas attracting customers from the neighboring states of Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa and, of course, right here in Wisconsin. Ski areas in Wisconsin are dedicated to providing wholesome family recreation and invite people of all ages to enjoy winter close to home.
Come out and join us this winter. Enjoy a day on the slopes skiing, snowboarding or snow tubing. Bring your family for some good old-fashioned fun on the snow.
Jim Engel, President
Skiing Wisconsin, Inc.